Amateurs and Professionals
Very motivational list of things I'd like to think I do, or at least strive for. Source
- Amateurs blame others. Professionals accept responsibility.
- Amateurs focus on being right. Professionals focus on getting the best outcome.
- Amateurs focus on identifying their weaknesses and improving them. Professionals focus on their strengths and on finding people who are strong where they are weak.
- Amateurs value isolated performance. Think about the receiver who catches the ball once on a difficult throw. Professionals value consistency. Can I catch the ball in the same situation 9 times out of 10?
- Amateurs think they are good at everything. Professionals understand their circles of competence.